Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Judge gives g*d a facial. Go union!

It's a happy, happy day when the christianrightwingnuts are dealt such a devastating blow. By a judge appointed by Dubya, no less! Thank you, Judge Jones! You may have to endure a slight registration process to see this article.

And this! I'm staunchly pro-union. I grew up in a union household. The hard work of the union sticking up for my father allowed my family to enjoy a middle class lifestyle. Management never, ever gives anything to workers unless they're forced to. I have never crossed a picket line in my life, and I never will. Too bad for New Yorkers having to walk. The transit authority in NYC has a 1 billion dollar surplus. New Yorkers are walking to work because of management. Period. Surplus means above and beyond expenses, so I don't need to hear any crap about how this money is already spoken for. Unless, of course, it's not really a surplus. If it's not..then why is is being called a surplus? Time to break off a piece for the workers.

Two tiered systems my ass. It's time to draw the line in the sand. I'm sick of hearing big business complain about health care and pension costs. These were PROMISES made to workers at the time of their hiring. And a promise is a promise. Health care costs could be brought under control if we had a single payer health care system. The pensions system would be fine if the boards of corporations weren't morally bankrupt virulent crooks who earn 10's of million$ a year for doing basically nothing except padding the bottom line for the stockholders. Please note that in most of these companies.....employees can't afford to own stock.

And that! Dubya gets busted, yet again, lying to and spying on the American people. Like dangerous anti-war people, Quakers, and gay rights groups.

What does it take to impeach this guy? How much more proof do people need to see that this guy and his administration are morally bankrupt?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home