Monday, November 07, 2005

Frivolous? I think not!


This guy had a bad day, I'd say. But I can't quite believe he ended up with PTSD. But maybe he did. Humiliation and embarrassment would be part of it, for sure.

The picture above...it's about the love that I feel

The article...it's scaring me. Have some Creme de Yeast Bold Lager!

Actually...I went to a Fall Festival today at Glacial Park, which is a preserve I am now volunteering at. It's an awesome place, with kettles and moraines and kames, and a real old house which was built in 1854. They are re-building the summer kitchen. And a woman was there, in period dress, making beer. In Europe, rivers and streams were used as open sewers. So, when settlers came here, they were really chary about using the local streams and rivers for drinking water. So, they made beer. Everybody drank beer. It was low or no alcohol, and not fizzy. Kids drank beer from the time they were weaned, on. Beer was used like we use water. Water for cooking was drawn from wells.

I also learned where the word alimony comes from. In the olden days, the women would make the beer, keep it for the home and sell the extra. When a man left his wife, he would give her ale money so she could set up her brewing business again, and get on her feet. Ale money = alimony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home