Friday, October 07, 2005

Little Tulip Poplars



Were growing under a big Tulip Poplar at my work. The landscapers(and i use that term loosely) at work were going to pull them up, so today I brought a shovel and dug up the biggest ones. I will give them to a friend who has 5 acres and is trying to re-forest her land with native trees.

I have lots of stuff to put in the ground this weekend. Let's see...a fothergilla, a couple of hazelnut bushes, a white pine seedling, a little tulip tree. That's just trees and shrubs. For forbs and grasses i have verbena stricta, plains boneset, a mystery plant, verbena stricta, rattlesnake master, illinois bundleflower, verbena stricta, prairie dropseed, prairie milkweed, wild quinine, smooth blue aster, big bluestem, prairie skullcap, cardinal flower and more. Plus all the pitcher plants I have to get ready for winter. OY VEY. I also have to start collecting seeds and getting ready to start trading.

Politics #1
Politics #2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home