Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I fell off the....porch


I went outside Monday night to move the car, so Dan could pull around my car when he leaves for work in the morning. The kitchen was bright, the outside was dark. Temporarily blinded, I stepped off the side of the porch, expecting a step to be where one was not. I landed with my full weight on my left leg and heard something in my hip go crunch and pop. Ow. I moved the car, went back inside, and went about my business. By the time I got into bed, I couldn't move. I had an almost sleepless night. Dan took me to the emergency room Tuesday morning. No fracture, so far, but torn ligaments in my hip. Hopefully, good for the rest of the week off. I'm seeing my doctor today at 3PM in Chicago, and will use the opportunity to hang out a bit in the city, which I get a bit wistful about sometimes.

Oh, and Darvocet is a hell of a drug. I'm kinda diggin' it.