Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas thoughts and such...


Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Glad Tidings.

Christmas really bums me out at a deep and elemental level..I don't know why. Call me immature, but it really hasn't been that much fun for me since I discovered there wasn't a Santa Claus. I think it's because maybe I have no family around.

Luckily, I was in Florida earlier this month for my dad's 90th birthday/my parent's 50th wedding anniversary party. It was good to see the P's.Dad is fine, and funny, as usual. Me and dad get along great now..it was a different story when we were younger. My mother has become, because of a moderate case of dementia..kind of evil. I don't know this person anymore. Racist, judgemental, bitter.

I actually flew there, because my sister got me to agree to flying in a moment of weakness for me. We flew together from Chicago to Tampa. It was fun...we had a long layover at Midway. Actually, the flights were quite nice, except for the lack of food supplied...the last time I flew(way pre-9/11)...they gave you little box lunches. This time it was chex party mix and a bag of peanuts. There was, however...plenty of booze to be had. Hell, I'd pay $10 for a "chicken wrap".....why the hell don't they serve food on airplanes anymore? When we entered the plane, I started hyperventilating and the pilot told me not to worry..the plane was brand new and a "peach." Later they brought me out some wings and a deck of cards, LOL.

Of course, me and Orlov went to Webster's flea market and of course we got some tatoos. I got her name on my upper arm, and she got my name on her foot.

My brand new range (5 mos. old) crapped out last weekend...just the oven part, so I wasn't able to do the baking I planned to do for the holidays, let alone the normal day to day stuff. It won't be fixed until Jan. 6th, because they had to order a part. I am so pissed. Why didn't they just send me a new stove? I'll be giving Maytag a call......

The insurance company of the guy who wrecked my beloved Taurus is not going to pay me one red cent. So now I have to sue somebody. I've never sued anyone in my entire life. I'm not looking forward to it. I don't get it....I didn't claim any injury, though everyone tells me I should..and my back hurts, which it didn't before. All I want is my car put back the way it was. Cheap, compared to a medical claim. I love insurance companies.

It's not going well here, is it? All I can do is laugh. Me and Dan and the cats are healthy..and that's what matters. I think. I still don't know what material thing to get Dan, and he's being oblique about it. He already has my love and affection....

Merry Christmas All, and God Bless those who are missing their family tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home