Saturday, May 10, 2008

RIP, mom

I love you, I really do, x 10, and I miss you. You're the hole in my life that will always be empty from here to the end of my life.

My mother died on 4/20.

My father called me on the morning of 4/16 to let me know she wasn't going to pull out of this one...my sister was down there very early on the 17th. I got there on the 17th...but later in the day.

We at least got a couple of days with her. She was in hospice. Hospice is wonderful. I can't say enough good about it.

My sister and I spent the morning of the 20th by her bedside talking to her(she was unconcious), just conversing with her, telling her it was okay to go, we'd be fine, then we left to do some running around...my dad went down to be with her in the afternoon. We had been counting her breathing..it went from one breath every 39 seconds to 1 breath every 12 seconds, to one breath a second. Dad came home from visiting her, and we asked how it was going, and he said "lousy." Ten minutes after he came home, hospice called to say she had passed away. She waited for my dad to leave.

Me and my sis went to hospice...and I really wish I hadn't looked at her after she passed. Her skin was yellow/grey/blue and her mouth was open. This is the last picture I have in my head of my mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home