Thursday, January 03, 2008

The days are getting longer...


And by the end of January, we'll actually notice it. It's been very cold...but by Monday it's supposed to be in the '50's.


Nothing much going on here. DH locked his keys in his car, necessitating a trip to Northbrook in heavy traffic. I was not pleased because I'd had a glass of wine or two with the neighbor. He's forever leaving his lights on, locking his keys in the car, etc. WTF. Absent-minded professor dude!


By the time I got there, and found him, I had to pee really bad. Long drive in rush hour traffic. I asked the security guy if I could use the restroom and he said ok. The bathroom is right behind the security officer's desk.


So I did. I was in there a minute, max...and of course I look like a terrorist.


I come back out and there's a different security guy there. Wants to know what I'm doing there, where I came from, and what I did. Checks DH's badge. At which point I mutter loudly..."Jesus CHRIST."


Then I get this spluttering explanation about why they had to know what I was doing in the bathroom, and why they had to check DH's badge. In case there was a fire, you know. Right.


I re-connected with a friend of mine from high-school. She sent me a picture of me with an old boyfriend. Now, when I was 20, I thought I was a fat ugly cow. On review of this picture....I was not, LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home