Tuesday, January 01, 2008

You only thought it was abandoned



Well, here I am again. I'm on break from school now, snow covers the ground, and the only things left to do are paint and read. I'm very happy to have the time to read. I'm happy to have the time to paint, too...but sometimes...I'm less than satisfied with the results.




I do paintings of things that look like paintings of things, as opposed to doing painting of things that look like the things I'm trying to paint. My painting style is tight and fiddly, according to my teacher..I need to make some type of creative jump here. Since I'm working in watercolour, I guess I just have to learn how to let the paint do it's own thing. Which is hard when you're fiddly, detail obsessed and a control type person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home