Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cold, cold, cold. I am tired of cold.


But, I guess next week it'll be in the 50's, so maybe Spring will finally spring. This winter has been a normal winter, LOL! Lots of cold, lots of snow. It's how winters used to be.


I loved the snow, actually. It's the bitter cold I hate. I love a big snowstorm. I missed a good one when I was in FL a few weeks ago. The reason for all the snow, according to weather geeks, was a strong La Nina that's supposed to persist, which means we're in for a hot, dry summer.


Had to have dear old Rocco put down on Feb. 16th. I miss the old coot. He was 17 or 18, he got a bladder blockage, and just gave up. I had to let him go. He was very purr-y and bitey. He would sit with me whilst I did my homework. The lady who gave him to me, his owner of 12 years, passed away a few months ago. I hope they're together now. It was priveledge to have had Rocco since 6/06. Elaine was a member of the Red-Hat Society, a tenor in a female barbershop quartet, my smoking buddy at Northwestern, and a hoot. After she retired to SC, I talked to her frequently.
Winter kills.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home