Tuesday, January 22, 2008

School Starts Tomorrow!

I'm kinda glad, actually. I've been bored. My books for four classes were only $145. $105 of that for the used math textbook, which is allegedly good for this class and the next one I'll be taking. The hort class books were cheap! One was $19, and the other was $25 or so. I already had the watercolour book, and it's not really a requirement, anyway.

I turned my neighbor on to water colour. Now she thinks she's the greatest artist ever. EVER. She traces everything she does, but her shading is quite good. Very pastel hued. I keep telling her to draw stuff, but she lacks the patience that it takes to draw, and keep drawing when what you've drawn turns out like crap. She mostly paints people. She needs to get out of the sepia/pastel coloured bag if she's going to paint portraits for $$$$. On that point, I can relate. I can't draw people, and am thinking of taking a figure drawing class next semester.

She was so depressed, and so freaked out, with constant negative thoughts about herself, that I figured art might be a great outlet for her, and I was right. She's much better now. I'm so glad...but she's been a bit boastful about her skills, lately, which kind of bugs me. I draw everything. I do trace people. I know it's a mental block on my part, because, basically, I guess I'm a misanthrope of some sort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home