Saturday, February 25, 2006

Minstrel

My friend, the boss of the whole house, is going soon. Really soon. He's 17. And he's so sick. His renal system failed. I thought he was losing weight because of his thyroid condition. Dan has been out of town the last few weeks on business. I stayed home from work last Monday morning to take my car to the shop, and noticed that Min looked pretty sick. So I took him to the vet. They took blood, and gave him some fluids. I thought he was getting skinny because of his thyroid.

Tuesday his blood came back with really bad news. Chronic renal failure. He needed to have fluids everyday...I couldn't do it. Dan and I thought maybe we could stabilise him by giving him sub-q fluids every day. Renal failure is not painful.

We got Minstrel home from the vet's today. So weak he could barely walk, he couldn't even lift his head to eat. Dan decided it was time to let him go, and I called the vet to come out. Minstrel died about 40 minutes ago, on the coffee table that's holding my laptop as I type this. He was my friend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rusty Hinge said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Minstrel. While he lived a good long stretch by kitty standards, it's always too soon for us. Though he sounded very weak, I really hope he wasn't too uncomfortable, and that you, Dan, and the rest of the kitties get along as best you can.

15:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home